AMD Reveals Leadership PC Platform for Gamers Worldwide at E3 2019
– With a new design inside and out, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card delivers amazing 1440p gaming, high-fidelity visuals and ultra-responsive gameplay –
– Harnessing the ground-breaking new AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the new Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards deliver incredible performance and efficiencies –
– Armed with enthusiast-first features and more cores, cache, and I/O 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processor family now includes flagship 16-core Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor for ultimate computing experiences –
Los Angeles, Calif. — June 10, 2019 — At the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) “Next Horizon Gaming” livestream event at E3 today, President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su unveiled the company’s next-generation PC gaming platform, bringing new levels of performance and efficiency and introducing powerful features for gamers everywhere, based on the new AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors.
The AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are built on the new AMD RDNA gaming architecture to deliver superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles. The new product family also includes the 50th Anniversary Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card that commemorates the company’s 50th anniversary by offering increased clocks and a luxurious gold accented shroud featuring Dr. Lisa Su’s signature.
The 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors deliver leadership performance across gaming, productivity and content creation applications, offering more performance-critical on-die cache than ever before. Today, Dr. Su previewed the latest addition to the product family – the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X, the world’s first 16-core mainstream desktop processor.
“We’ve made significant technology bets to push the envelope on high-performance computing and give gamers the hardware they need to power the experiences they want,” said Dr. Su. “Our industry-leading Ryzen 3000 Series desktop processors and Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards combine leadership design, performance, technology and efficiency to provide the ultimate gaming experiences. From super-fast frame rates, to new levels of visual realism and image quality, or the ability to easily create, capture and share gaming experiences, PCs featuring our new Ryzen processors and Radeon GPUs offer exceptional performance and features for every gamer at every price point.”
“Seventy percent of PC gamers today are using three-year-old or older graphics hardware that lacks the necessary horsepower and capabilities to deliver fully immersive, high-fidelity and high-performance gaming experiences,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. “Our new Radeon graphics cards with RDNA redefine what’s possible in 1440p gameplay, delivering stunning visuals, amazing performance and industry-leading features to take gaming experiences to the next level.”
Superior 1440p Gaming
The AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards include several powerful new features and capabilities to deliver superior 1440p gaming experiences, including:
- Ground-breaking RDNA gaming architecture – Built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, RDNA was designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming for years to come. It features a new compute unit design optimized for improved efficiency, and a multi-level cache hierarchy designed to provide reduced latency, higher bandwidth and lower power. It also includes a streamlined graphics pipeline that is optimized for performance-per-clock and high clock speeds. Delivering up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt compared to the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, RDNA provides the computational horsepower to enable thrilling, immersive gaming by enhancing explosions, physics, lighting effects and more, and by delivering fluid, high-framerate gaming experiences.
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Restores clarity to in-game images that have been softened by other post-process effects. RIS combines with GPU uspcaling to provide sharp visuals at fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays, and works across DirectX® 9, 12 and Vulkan® titles.
- FidelityFX – An open-source developer toolkit available in the coming weeks on GPUOpen that makes it easier for developers to create high-quality post-processing effects that make games look beautiful while offering a balance of visual fidelity and performance. FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) that draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines. Developers plan to integrate CAS into a number of popular games, and Unity Technologies plans to integrate it into its real-time 3D development platform.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, Radeon™ Anti-Lag improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent, delivering an experience similar to higher framerates.
- Extreme refresh rates – RDNA enables DisplayPort™ 1.4 with Display Stream Compression (DSC) to deliver extreme refresh rates, color depth and resolutions up to 8K HDR at 60Hz or 4K HDR at 144+ Hz on cutting edge displays, including the world’s first monitor to support DSC: the new ASUS Republic of Gamers 43-inch monitor previewing at E3. The new monitor is capable of delivering 4K HDR at 144Hz with a single DisplayPort™ 1.4 cable.
Largest gaming display ecosystem – With over 700 supported monitors to choose from, gamers can enjoy stutter-free, tear-free gameplay with AMD Radeon FreeSync™ and Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology.
The 7nm Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, RX 5700 and the 50th Anniversary Edition Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics cards are the first gaming graphics cards to support the PCIe® 4.0 interface. Additional product specs include:
Model Compute Units Stream Processors TFLOPS GDDR6 (GB) Base Clock (MHz) Game Clock (MHz) Boost Clock (MHz) SEP
Radeon™ RX 5700 XT
50th Anniversary Edition 40 2,560 Up to 10.14 8 1,680 1,830 Up to 1,980 $499
Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 40 2,560 Up to 9.75 8 1,605 1,755 Up to 1,905 $449
Radeon™ RX 5700 36 2,304 Up to 7.95 8 1,465 1,625 Up to 1,725 $379
Unlocking New Experiences with Game Developers
AMD is working more closely than ever with game and game technology developers to unlock new experiences in PC gaming and supercharge Radeon™ graphics performance on today’s most popular titles. At the Next Horizon Gaming event, Dr. Su was joined by The Game Awards creator Geoff Keighley and leaders from the world’s top game and game technology developers, including head of The Coalition Studio, Rod Fergusson; The Coalition technical director, Mike Rayner; president, CEO and co-founder of Gearbox Software, Randy Pitchford; co-founder and CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot; executive producer of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint at Ubisoft, Nouredine Abboud; and vice president of graphics at Unity Technologies, Natalya Tatarchuk.
These industry pioneers provided exclusive looks at never-before-seen game content, including Gears 5, Borderlands 3, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Unity’s The Heretic technology demo, showcasing the amazing PC gaming experiences enabled by new AMD products and technologies.
Play Gears 5 and 100+ Other PC Games with Xbox Game Pass
AMD also announced a new Xbox Game Pass for PC offer that provides complimentary, three-month access to Xbox Game Pass for PC with the purchase of select AMD products. With the Xbox Game Pass for PC, gamers can play Gears 5 when it launches in fall 2019, and more than 100 other high-quality PC games. The offer is available at participating retailers. Learn more on July 1, 2019 here.
Ultimate Desktop Processor for Gaming
AMD also previewed the ultimate member of the new 3rd Gen Ryzen™ desktop processor family, the flagship AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor. With 16 cores and 32 threads running up to 4.7GHz, the leadership CPU has already set multiple performance records. With the aid of liquid nitrogen, the AMD Ryzen Overclocking Team managed to push the AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor to 5.375 GHz, achieving record-setting performance with a Cinebench R20 multi-thread score of 12,167. The Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor now holds the crown in two important dimensions: highest performance for any 16-core processor and highest performance in a mainstream CPU socket. A new and improved AMD Ryzen™ Master Software utility was also revealed, including a redesigned user interface and new enthusiast-first overclocking features, offering users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance from their AMD Ryzen™ desktop processor powered system.
Threads TDP (Watts) Boost/Base Freq. (GHz) L2 + L3 Cache (MB) PCIe® 4.0 Lanes (processor+AMD X570) SEP (USD) Expected Availability
Ryzen™ 9 3950X CPU 16/32 105W 4.7/3.5 72 44 $749 September, 2019
Pricing and Availability
The previously announced 3rd Gen Ryzen™ desktop processor family is expected to be generally available on July 7, 2019 from leading etailers/retailers. The AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are expected to be generally available on July 7, 2019 for $449 and $379 USD SEP, respectively, from AMD.com and leading etailers/retailers. The AMD 50th Anniversary Edition Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card is expected to be available in limited quantities on July 7, 2019 for $499 USD SEP from AMD.com. and JD.com. The 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor is expected to be available in September 2019 for $749 USD SEP from leading etailers/retailers. For more information, please visit AMD.com.
Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards here
Learn more about the RDNA architecture here
Learn more about the 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors here
Become a fan of Radeon™ and Ryzen™ on Facebook
Follow AMD on Twitter @AMD
Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
Follow Ryzen™ on Twitter